As a part of our mission statement, community is very important to us here at The Norton Knatchbull School. We celebrate diversity as part of our community. As a result, our young people are able to make informed and positive life choices, and are equipped to face the challenges of a fast-changing, competitive and increasingly global environment.
In this section you will see the history of our house system as well as what our library can offer the community in school.
How to be a part of the NKS Community
At NKS we like to work with our local community in a range of different ways including:
* Offering our facilities for lettings, details of which can be found under About Us. Current partnerships include: PQA Drama Academy, Canton, Charlton Athletic Community Trust, Rugby Tots, Venture Camps, Ashford Choir and various sports clubs including cricket, football and basketball from the local area.
* We also offer parents/carers and local businesses an opportunity to sponsor our
* Prizegiving events
* Sports Equipment (i.e. new long jump pit)
* Sports Kits
* Specialist IT/DT equipment
Please contact Mrs H. Vernon on email hvernon@NKS.kent.sch.uk for more information. A list of our current sponsors can be found on the attached document below.
* Parents/Carers of NKS are also welcome to contribute to our annual NKS community fund with a suggested donation of £30.00 a year which can be paid via Scopay. These donations have created opportunities additional outside seating areas, sports equipment, library books, expanding the eco-garden and the maintenance of our school mini buses.
* Our local community can also support the school's careers and enterprise programme through various events such as; careers fairs, bespoke talks, the offer of work experience and mock interviews and by joining our business network. For more information this can be found under Curriculum.